Sunday, April 28, 2013

Painted my grandfathers old axe


Since the axe head was originally painted black I thought it would be nice to paint it again.  The entire head may have been painted originally.  It was hard to tell due to the amount of rust.  If it is a Collins axe I think most of them had the entire head painted.  I'm not a fan of the way having the entire head painted looks so I only painted part of it.  I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  I am interested to see how the paint holds up to use.

I only took one picture of the axe taped up and in the process of getting painted.  The rest are the finished product.  The last photo is of another project I am getting ready to start.  It is beside the Estwing hammer for scale.  It is pretty rough.  I foresee a lot of filing in my future.  It wasn't my grandfathers but it will be a fun project nonetheless.






1 comment:

Melanie said...

Looks great. I'm pretty sure it NEVER looked that good when Pop had it.

That is a HUGE axe head!!!!